How To Play
The English Alphabet Book
You can introduce this book to the child by applying the 3-period lesson framework:
1st Period : This is
Example - This is 'A'. This is an Apple. This is 'B'. This is a Balloon and so on.
2nd Period: Show me
Example - Please pick up the Volcano and place it by the letter 'V'. And so on.
3rd Period : What is this
Example : What letter is this? Or point to the Flower and say what is this? It is a.... ? Flower. And so on.
Although the letters in the book are in their order within the alphabet, you can, while introducing them, follow an order that is suitable to you and the child. Allow the child to enthusiastically recognise the letters he or she has already learned and thereby spark interest in learning the rest.
The detachable objects can be played with in so many fun ways -
1) Match them to the letters they begin with
2) Sort them based on colors - Can you pick all the blue objects and so on.
3) Can you pick all the animals ?
4) Now can you sort them into sky , land and water. For example - Elephant -Land, Owl -Sky, Jelly Fish - Water
5) Similarly for Vehicles - Rocket for Sky, Train for Land and Boat for Water
6) Use them as props for story time - place 5 objects in front of the child and ask her/him to weave a story around it.
7) Pretend Play - Pretend eat the ice cream, pour water from the kettle, write with the pencil and so on.
8) Sing songs and rhymes - Twinkle Twinkle little star with the Star. Little Bird , Little Bird fly through my window with the birdies. And so on.
Finally, by learning to snap Button the balloon, button and unbutton the flower, zip and unzip, Velcro and Unvelcro, this book also focuses on honing the child's fine motor skills.
At the end of the book is a zipper pocket - a place for everything so there aren't loose pieces to keep track of when putting them away.